Friday, December 14, 2012

Dentist Disaster!

So many disasters! :) Last week I noticed a black spot in between Jackson's molars. Not cool! I got him a dentist appt with my dentist. It is a great office. Jackson is terrified of doctors though. When I got him to the appt, he was screaming and crying so bad that the dentist said he couldn't see him. So they referred us to a pediatric dentist. We had our appt yesterday. Equal amount of freaking out, but they got the job done... with a wonderful and patient staff... and me holding him in my lap with all 4 limbs wrapped around him... as tightly as possible! He is one strong 5 year old! The result? A cavity. UGH! I feel so guilty! No more sugar for him! Poor thing. Now he has to endure another dentist appt. The good news is that Luis will be going with him. Luis controls him a lot better. They will be able to give him laughing gas so he will hold still enough for the filling. It was crazy and exhausting but we made it through it. So far Luis has only heard me tell of how scared and crazy Jackson get's at the doctors... now he will experience it for himself! Poor Jackson has just had some really rough experiences at the doctor... I would be scared too... but enough is enough! That's where daddy comes in. I will be chilling at home with Jake! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jonas is almost the same way. He HATES going to the dentist, but he usually will sit still for them to look at his teeth. It's the cleaning part that is a nightmare!! Hope everything goes well with his filling!!