Friday, May 2, 2014

A child's prayer!

Jackson had a bad dream last night. He woke up crying at 2am and was very upset. He told me that someone was following him and they wanted to hurt him. It was so sad and kind of scary as a Mom to hear your son say something like that! He eventually went back to bed and tonight as he realized it was almost bedtime he got very nervous and was crying again and telling me about his bad dream. We read scriptures and had our family prayer like usual... and then I pointed out the picture above his bed. This is "Be Not Afraid" by Greg Olson. I am so glad we have this picture in the room because it gives them so much comfort. I asked him what Jesus is doing in the picture and Jax said "He's saving them." Yes! Exactly! I explained that Jesus will help us whenever we are afraid and we just need to pray and ask for help. For the past few weeks I've been having the boys say their own personal prayers out loud, trying to make that a habit for them. So after our talk about this picture and how it can help Jackson feel better about his dream... Jackson said his prayer. He said, through tears... "Dear Heavenly Father, Please help God to save me. Amen" It totally melted my heart! So simple! We sang some primary songs and he fell right to sleep! Poor Kid!!! I hope he's dreaming of Disneyland or "Frozen" or something super fun!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good mommy, thank you for teaching them to have faith and rely on The Lord.

Unknown said...

Good mommy! Thank you for catching the moment and teaching them about faith and to rely on The Lord for all things.

Unknown said...

Ok you can erase one of the comments, it hadn't taken the first one because in hadn't sign in but I guess it did after all and I haven't learn to use this iPad mini so I can't do it myself.

Josh and Steph said...

This brought tears to my eyes, how sweet.

Megan said...

Wow! This brought tears to my eyes too! Such a sweet prayer!