Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Secret Service update... SURPRISE!

Well, I was shocked to get a phone call from my friend this morning. Her husband is the agent that has been helping Luis stay informed about this whole process. She frantically told me that the Secret Service has been trying to get ahold of Luis all weekend and is about to DROP his entire application because they can't get in touch! (Luis had no voicemails, by the way!) Apparently, they were pretty upset about it. So Luis immediately called in. They needed some additional references and info to complete his background check. So Luis got ready and went straight to his office to prepare the information. Almost right after he got there... Agent Rico, the agent from San Antonio that is running his background check, showed up at his office door! SURPRISE! They had told Luis to drop off the info at the local office at 2... but I guess the agent had another idea! Things turned out ok... they aren't dropping his application. In fact, they told him he will most likely be in training within the next 60 days! (If everything continues to go well!) We had a big scare... but it turned out ok. So tomorrow, agent Rico is coming by the house to meet me and he wants Silvia and Lew to be there too! I am so nervous! I think things will be ok... but he did say that of all the gov't agencies the Secret Service has the highest divorce rate... not appealing, but I think Luis and I are pretty strong, so I am not too concerned about that statistic. I'm sure it's because how often the agents are away from home.

So that's the update... exciting... I think the whole process is almost over! Wish us luck and keep us in your prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it's all working out!! Good luck Luis and you'll definitely be in our thoughts and prayers!