Friday, May 28, 2010

So many things going on...

I'm on Luis' laptop so I am not going to organize the pictures to go with the explanations... you can figure it out! There are so many things going on, at least it feels that way, but now that I am sitting down writing this, I can't think of any!
Just want to say that Jackson is doing AMAZING with the potty training! We had a playgroup this morning at the fire station and the kids got a tour and they were able to get up on the truck and everything. Jackson and I stayed for about 10 minutes. He was crying and throwing a fit the whole time... so I took him home. I was bummed because I really thought he'd love it. He is talking a lot now... saying a bunch of words. He can say or has words for cracker, cookie, candy, car, owie, wow, poo poo and pee pee, please, mommy, milk, meow, moo, quack, honk honk and beep beep. I am probably forgetting some.
I tried feeding Jacob solid foods yesterday, as you can see from the messy face picture. He wasn't interested and kept pushing it out with his tongue. So I will try it in 2 weeks again. I am giving him rice cereal in his bottle though, and he seems to like that, he just isn't ready for spoon feeding. I am proud that I was able to wait til this weekend's memorial day sales to buy te high chair because I got 20% off! So Dad's gift card covered all of it!
Today was a great bday! We all went out for BBQ for lunch and then Silvia took me shopping and bought me a couple shirts. Any minute Lew is going to get home from work and we are going to eat cake and watch "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels"... because he was shocked I had never seen it before! I got a disaster of a haircut. I brought a picture and somehow left with nothing like the picture... don't know how that happened. It looks ok when I straighten it... but it is obviously not what I wanted. My friend even noticed how bad it was! So the only option is to cut it short I think. So I am going to do that tomorrow and will post a picture then. I let my hair air dry and I couldn't help but laugh when I saw it... it reminded me of Mom and Elyse's hair in the 70's! Do you see it???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!:)

LOL! Your hair! Sorry, but before I read your post I looked at the pictures. I thought the wavy curls looked cute, but it does look very 70's. I would totally go back to the place and ask for a fix and a refund. Or at least just a fixed cut, by a different hair cutter!:) Cute pictures of Jake. Sorry Jax wasn't into the fire station tour! Try again in a few months or next year:) I'm glad potty training is going well! I hope it continues to.

Love you! Hope you had a great bday!!:)