Sunday, May 2, 2010

Fender Bender

I am a decent driver... despite what Luis might say. He does have to remind me to keep the speed limit every now and then. On Friday, on the way to playgroup, I got into a fender bender. NOT MY FAULT! We were on the expressway (scary!) and they merged all lanes into one... very quickly. Before the accident even happened I remember thinking, "wow this looks dangerous" as we all started merging. Anyways, the slowing all the sudden became a dead stop! Everyone had to slam on their breaks and luckily I was able to stop in time to not hit the car in front of me. But the car behind me was too close and wasn't slowing fast enough... so yeah, he hit me. It was a suburban, and luckily my equinox is about the same height... so it was just bumper-to-bumper. If I was in a little car he would have crushed my backside! I am so glad Silvia was with me or I probably would have sat there crying not knowing what to do. There is a little dent, but no damage worthy of reporting. We are lucky! And even though we didn't call the police or report the damage... I am happy to say that the guy who hit me was legal (surprise!) and even had insurance! So if it was a bad accident, at least we wouldn't have the nightmare of dealing with someone without papers! Whew! So now Nox and I have been through our first and hopefully only accident together! I was so afraid for Luis to see the bumper because I worried he would think the damage was worse that I did... but he didn't!

I am just so glad it wasn't my fault! I dread the day I ever have to call Luis and tell him it was my fault! NEVER! We are all ok. Jacob slept right through it and Jackson wasn't phased at all. I screamed a little, but I am a drama queen, so what do you expect. Thank goodness Silvia was a calm influence!

We have also been dealing with no water in the house! The pump is broken, so we are conserving toilet water and filling the tank with a hose :) No showers before church today! Thankfully I don't have to sit close to anyone in Primary!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so scary! I'm glad it was only a dent! A lady hit me in Rexburg when I was preggo with Jonas and she totally banged up our old car. Luckily, it was her fault so her insurance paid for it all! Yay! We had a rental car for about 2 weeks until they fixed out car. Glad you're ok! That sucks about the water! I hope you get it fixed soon!