Sunday, May 16, 2010

First, I want to say... I hate mesquitos. Why do they even exist? There is no good purpose for them... if you know one please let me know! My legs are all bitten up from a pool party for Jackson's friend on Friday! ITCHY!

Update on potty-training: Jackson is doing amazingly well! He barely ever has accidents, and if he does, it is usually when he gets really mad and kind of loses control. I take him out with his underpants on, and of course I always have extras! He did have an accident during Sacrament Meeting last week. Not fun. He loves his big boy underpants though. It take forever to convince him to put them on because he just likes to look at them! He is very proud.

So, we found out that the Secret Service has a 60-day deadline for background checks. Which means Luis' should be done the end of June. Unless they get an extension, which they only can if it is really spread out. Unfortunately, that is exactly how Luis' is... with all the moves his family has. But still, it wouldn't be later than July. Once he accepts an offer, we were told that he will be in training within a month. Yikes! I have to come to terms with the fact that very soon my husband is going to be GONE! I'm so sad, but happy at the same time. I am ready for a little stability in my life! So, Luis is starting to do some intense exercise tomorrow. He is going to run about 7 miles a day to lose some weight before training. We also found out that there is no way we will stay in McAllen. The last guy who was hired was given 3 choices. LA, NYC and Houston. He was smart and chose Houston! We are hoping we will have good choices as well! We don't want to start out in an expensive city and they don't pay for the first move, so somewhere close (like San Antonio) would be nice. We will be happy to just get started... no matter where we end up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great that Jax is doing so well with potty training! It was such a struggle with Brynnan!*SIGH*

Good luck with the background check! I hope it doesn't take too long and I hope you don't have to move too far!