Friday, July 6, 2012

4th of July Fun

Luis had a great idea for the 4th of July. We took the Metro into St. Louis to watch the air show! The boys loved the train! They were so excited by the idea and they behaved so well the whole time! We got off the train right by the arch and walked around for a bit. The airshow started at noon and we watched it from several different spots... trying to keep the shade! It was 100 degrees... but we had a backpack full of water and CapriSun... so we were good! We were there for about an hour and Jake started to get really whiny so we knew it was time to go. On the way home, Jake was looking so tired and I kept asking if I could hold him, but he wanted to sit in his own seat. Well, he fell asleep... in the seat. So I laid him down across my lap and he slept half the way home :) We made a few trips to Walmart to get last minute things... the boys watched Toy Story while I made dinner! Hot dogs, chips, potato salad, fruit salad with snickers (Luis' idea, thanks to BYU-I). It was pretty good! We had fudgesicles for dessert! After we watched Daddy play some cars (PS3) we went outside so Luis could finish staining our table... which looks awesome by the way. I put on the sprinklers for the boys, but they weren't really interested. I think they were both really tired. I asked them several times if they wanted to go to bed and they both said yes!!! How often does that happen! So they had an early bedtime and Luis and I watched Sherlock Holmes 2 :) It was a great day! I loved spending so much time as a family.
t

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!!:) I wish we could've ridden the train while we were there!!