Thursday, July 26, 2012

Favorites

On the way home from work I decided to turn off the radio and talk to my kids... that sounds weird but sometimes I forget that I can have real conversations with children... things like radio and tv distract from conversation. So I asked what they did in childcare. Then I asked them what their "favorites" are. Here are there answers. Jackson: Movie- Despicable Me Song- Veggie Tales Color- Pink Food- Spaghetti Os (Probably because he just ate them...) Book- Lightning McQueen Friend- Chase (in his primary class and he sees him in childcare at the Y all the time) Jacob: Movie- Despicable Me Song- "If you like to talk to tomatoes" (also Veggie Tales) Color- black and yellow Food- Peanut butter and jelly Book- Mater Friend- Eliza (he pronounces it "yayiza" I was totally shocked by this answer! He has a little girlfriend!!! Eliza is in his nursery class!) It was really fun to hear their answers! On another note, I found out that St Louis is one of the most dangerous cities in the US... one website even had it ranked #1 based on crimes per population size. Yikes! Didn't know that! Good thing we live across the river... although East St Louis IL has a very bad reputation as well and that is somewhat nearby. Oh well, can't be worse than La Joya :) Can it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good idea!! I should try that on our 12 hour trip home. Maybe we could do trivia questions too. I'm sure that would be interesting:)

Liz Ricker said...

This is too cute! I am super excited to come see you guys again. You are such a good mom to those boys!