Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Jackson can read!

We started Hooked on Phonics kindergarten level this week. Jackson has done the lesson about 3 different days. He picked it right up! I was so happy because I was struggling with how to get him to understand it all... just reading on our own! Thanks heavens for hooked on phonics! They did it for me! He watches a little 2 minute video and then reads from the workbook and then a few other books. He loves it. I think he really feels smart! Here is proof! At one point I put my finger over the microphone... sorry, I eventually take it off :)

2 comments:

Josh and Steph said...

Oh my goodness! I love this- I literally had watery eyes, I know! It just makes my little (used to teach reading)teacher heart skip a beat! Ye for Jackson!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!! Jonas always had a hard time with sounding out words, but Brynnan was a pro at it, just like Jax. I'm glad he's doing just a great job!!:)