Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Becky's Quilt

I made Becky a 9 and 25 patch scrap quilt for her birthday. I have had everything done except the quilting for about 6 months. I picked lime green as the main color of course! Beckys bedroom back home is lime green. All of the scraps for this quilt were from Mom's stash. It was fun to go through and pick out the fabrics I would use. I love the randomness of the quilt. It was a little stressful to make because there is no way to tell how it will look! There is no rhyme or reason! I cut out 930 2 inch squares for this quilt! Quilting it at Christine's was fun. I had set aside about 3 hours for the job but it only took me 1.5 hours! I was shocked! If I had known how quick it would have been I would have done more detail, like 5 wavy lines instead of 3 in each rectangle. I was having issues with the machine to. It kept jerking and freezing up on me. Not cool. At one point it completely ruined a heart! I had to go over the entire thing again. So I apologize becky for some of the shaky quilting... the machine was in a mood! :Then, there were a few scraps of fabric that bled in the wash. Even with a color catcher! I was so bummed about that! Thank goodness I didn't use more of it! I bound the quilt in a cute purple polka dot fabric. I wanted this quilt to be happy and bubbly, just like Becky and I think it turned out just the way I had in mind. Love you, Becky!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE it Rachelle!!!! Thank you sooo much!! It really is beautiful. I'm so touched. really. You have no idea how much this made me smile. thank you. :)