Thursday, November 8, 2012

Presents

I love Christmas! And I love buying presents for people. I don't like the stress of wondering whether they will like it as much as I hope... (I have been wrong before... Just ask Luis... I got him a kitchenaid when he thought he was getting a PS3! Oops!) But I love the idea of giving someone something they will love. So, 'tis the season to start Christmas shopping and it's so much fun! But until then... It was Jackson's birthday on Tuesday. It was a busy day. We went to the Y in the morning and then went straight to a friends house so I could watch her son while she took a sister we visit teach to the doctor. Well, it lasted about 5 hours instead of the 2 I was anticipating... so we were kind of rushed getting home and getting cupcakes made. (Don't judge me Derek!) I wanted to do red and yellow cupcakes for Jax because we had bought Lightning McQueen candies to go on top of them. Well, like I expected, the red food coloring wasn't turning it red. So we actually had pink and yellow cupcakes... more like a baby shower than a Cars birthday. But Jax didn't care! He love them anyway! My big boy is 5! And the biggest 5 year old I know! No one believes he isn't in school! He wanted quesadillas and chips for dinner, so he got it! Then we opened presents. He and Jacob both opened robes we got them. It's so cold here we just didn't want to wait til Christmas! The boys feel so cool wearing them! He opened a soccer goal from Grandma Weger. I know that will get put to good use! :) Then Jackson opened his helmet. He was excited about that and we began questionning him "Why do you need a helmet?" And he said "to ride a bike". And we said "Do you have a bike?" "No" "Maybe if you look around you can find one!" So Luis led him around the house to look for a bike while I went into the garage to capture the video! It was funny because I could here them talking and Jax ended up sitting on the couch frustrated because he couldn't find it. Luis helped him with the idea to look inthe garage. By the end of the search he began wondering where is Mommy? He was so excited when he saw it. It is such a big bike! We got an 18" because the 16" was pretty much perfect size, almost too small... and we know he is growing fast. His knees were almost to his elbows. So although it's a little big, he can ride it, and he will grow into it fast. Luis was great and stayed up late to put on training wheels. I am going to try and see if I can get the video to upload later. Thanks to everyone who skyped. He had a great birthday!
Let's see if this video works! He doesn't actually find the bike until after 2:00.

2 comments:

Kaylee said...

That was cute when he found the bike!
Next time u want red frosting buy the wilton food coloring in the party area.

And I feel the same way about xmas shopping!! I love it!

Aubry said...

So cute. Love the video. He is so excited! What a fun birthday. They cupcakes turned out cute!! Wish we lived closer to you guys! The boys are getting so big.