Monday, February 4, 2013

Losing weight!

I am so proud of Luis! He has been working so hard at losing weight. He is doing a weight loss competition at work! He is so close to winning... it is a 10 week challenge and I think it's been going on for 4 weeks so far. We bought a bike trainer and he rides his trainer in our room almost every day, sometimes 2x a day. He watches episodes of Lost while he rides. He and his dad got into that show over Christmas. He has been dieting too. He is doing really well. We have been having soup 3 or 4 nights a week. We've been eating a lot of southwest chicken too and fruit and veggies and yogurt. Very low carb. He gets one cheat day because we read that it actually aids weight loss and keeps good thyroid function or something like that. It seems to be working! I was surprised last week when Luis came to me and said he wanted a bowflex. We had one when we lived in CA but didn't use it very much. He found a guy in Belleville that wanted to make a trade. So... I couldn't believe this... Luis traded a watch and his tablet for the bowflex! I said I didn't care because it's his stuff... if he wants to trade he can. But I was shocked that he traded a WATCH! That man loves watches... like his children! I was actually very proud of him. He is so motivated to get in great shape, so of course I am supportive of the bowflex. We go to the Y together on Saturday and use the ellipticals. So, once warmer weather comes he can start using his bowflex in the garage, where he has a nice little gym set up! Just got word of today's weigh in! He has lost a total of 11.2 lbs!!! Go Luis!

No comments: