Monday, February 18, 2013

New stuff

I know it's late, but happy Valentine's day. Luis was gone so I had a fun day with the boys. I got them little valentine cards and some conversation hearts. They really liked that and they ate the whole tube that day! We also got cards in the mail from G and G Gibson. Perfect timing. It had one dollar for each of the boys and they were thrilled. They were begging me to take them to the store so they could buy some candy. We went the next day and Jax picked out some heart lollipops and Jake picked some Hershey's treasures... that's chocolate! They both got a whole bag since everything was discounted the day after. Lucky ducks! (And Mommy got a box of chocolates :) Luis got home on Friday night so we celebrated Vday then. I made him snickerdoodles, which he has been craving. It was my first attempt at making this cookie ever and I think they turned out great! I was tempted to dye them pink like Kaylee but I didn't! And in the morning I let Luis watch cartoons in bed with the boys while I made a surprise Vday breakfast... again, a first attempt. Strawberry and cream cheese stuffed french toast!!! It was so good! Jake loved it and Jax even ate it, with some coaxing... I got the recipe from Annie's Eats. It's a keeper. Jackson got new bed sheets. Jake cut his finger and got blood all over Jackson's sheets and they were pretty old, so I thought it might be time they become the backup sheets. I had a $10 off of $10 coupon at JC Penney so we found a set of microfiber sheets for $12. So we ended up paying $2 and some change :) Jackson chose the color. It's hard to see but it is a pale green. He really likes them. It's always fun to get new things! Silvia gave me the quilt kit she has had for years at Christmas and I just finished it. It is a baby quilt size. I found a VERY big error in the pattern, which caused some frustrations, but oh well. They also didn't send the exact fabric from the picture so it turned out not to match very well. Anyway, this is the finished quilt. It was fun to try applique for the first time. And how handsome are these boys!?!?!? I love combed over hair! Also... I have to say how proud I am of Luis. He is so passionate about education... For example... here are his degrees/certifications... not counting the Masters of Human Resources he is working on or his Masters certificate in contracting for his current employer... Versus... My one degree :) I love my educated man!

2 comments:

M&B...Brubaker said...

Wow all of those degrees and certificates are impressive! And so is that french toast...it looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

That's so fun you made a special breakfast! My kids never would've touched it!! LOL Cute pictures! I love combed over hair too!! It makes them look so grown up and handsome! :) Wow, I didn't realize Luis had so many degrees!! That's awesome!