Saturday, October 12, 2013

Luis' new job

Luis has a new job. I think most know that by now... We were very glad that he has this opportunity because things were just not going well with his previous employer... which I would like to point out was just ranked the #2 worst place to work! What a great time to resign! :) He is now working at Boeing as a Procurement Agent in the Defense, Space, and Security division. He had been told by countless people how great Boeing is and what a wonderful work environment it is. So far, so good! Luis can already see a lot of improvements over his last job and I think he is really going to enjoy this! His discussions with his supervisor(s) has already revealed the many opportunities for growth within the company and the ability he has to go to foreign locations should positions open up.  His cubicle is smaller, but he's been spoiled already with all new equipment (laptop, monitor, expensive backpack, etc).  The job came at the perfect time for us and we are very thankful for it! They offered him exactly what he wanted... something his last employer told him he wasn't worth... so there! He got it! In addition, Boeing has a really nice retirement program and Luis has maxed out his contribution and to take advantage of Boeings matching and baseline contributions.  He also likes the fact that he works right across the street from where they build the F/A-18 Super Hornet fighter jets. I know I am biased because I am his wife... but Luis is such a great worker and any company is lucky to have him! I know he will go far at Boeing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad this all worked out for him!! Good luck with the new job and everything (I know it's a little late, but wanted to make sure I said it!).