Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Picking Battles

I like to pick my battles. For example, my kids always have chocolate milk... I just don't want to deal with the plain milk issue (partly because I love chocolate milk myself!). Fighting over wearing coats is also not one I like to engage in. It has become pretty cold lately... but especially this morning. It was 28 degrees when we left the house this morning. For some reason, Jacob has decided that he doesn't like jackets or sweaters. I don't get it because I hate being cold. But he would rather be cold than wear a jacket. I tell him he at least needs to carry his jacket. So that's our compromise. He doesn't have to wear it but he does have to carry it... in case he changes his mind. He did the other day at the bus stop. It was in the 50s and he was in shorts (his choice!) and he asked me to help him put on his sweater. I thought he might have learned from that experience. But no, we ran errands in temps below 30 and he was in a short sleeve shirt carrying his jacket :) Oh well, he never once asked to help him put it on. That boy has some tough skin. Jackson and I, on the other hand, were all bundled up in our poofy jackets! Definitely time to break out the gloves, scarves and hats!

1 comment:

Kaylee said...

Put away the summer clothes and only keep long sleeve shirts and pants in their drawers!! That kid is crazy wearing shorts I those temperatures!