Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. We were able to spend it with 2 other families. It was a lot of fun. Great food and we played board games after dinner. The boys made these little turkeys for Family home evening this week. We had a lesson on being thankful and then they listed out some things... without help they said things like "Daddy... Jacob..." really sweet answers. It was fun. Then on Friday I spent the day out and about because Luis was taking his capstone exam for his masters... a 7 hour at home test... which meant I needed to keep the kids out for that time. Black Friday is not exactly the day I want to be out of the house for 7 hours, but we did what we had to do. I stood in line at Kohls for over an hour. Thank goodness I had no where to go otherwise I would've never stayed! :) The boys were unbelievably good and loved playing with all the toys lined up next to the enormous check out line. We had ice cream and played at Chick-fil-a. Went to Joann's... Walmart... Sam's Club (To return our dvd/bluray player which broke Thanksgiving night! Great timing to get a new one for $38 online!)... and Target. Whew! We were tired by the time we came home. So, we enjoyed some leftovers and put up our Christmas tree. We aren't going to be here for Christmas, but we wanted to bring the Christmas spirit in... so we put up our 6 foot fake tree and the boys decked it out with ornaments! Jake really wanted to put a star up... but we don't have one. So I stuck a little bow up there :) Can't wait for Christmas!!!
 


1 comment:

Megan said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday! You are BRAVE for taking your boys out with you Black Friday shopping!! I didn't even try to attempt it WITHOUT my kids!! I'm glad they were good for you! I think I might have to make you a star for your tree! :)