Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Daddy's birthday and more

Happy Birthday to Luis... on Friday. But we celebrated on Saturday night since he was leaving on Monday. He of course requested snowball cake, which is an angel food cake/coolwhip/pineapple/mandarin orange cake. He got a few items earlier in the month that I considered to be for his birthday so he didn't think he was getting anything. I surprised him with a dvd "Thou Shalt Laugh 5". It's a series of Christian stand up comedians. We have all the other ones. We love stand up comedy but it's hard to find clean comedians. So we love this series. He took it with him to training... he should get some good laughs out of that. Speaking of that... he left for training after work on Monday. He went to Kansas City for a health event on Tuesday and is currently driving to Fort Worth, TX where he will stay tonight and tomorrow night at a Navy base lodge... a nice military perk. He is going to work remotely to get a few more hours in at Boeing. Then on Thursday morning he will report to Fort Sam Houston for training. I've been sick so yesterday, my first day without him, was a pretty lazy day. Frozen pizza and movie... early to bed. I miss him but I'm feeling optimistic... I sent him away with a package/envelope to open every Sunday while he is away. Some little things that I hope makes him feel special!
 
Today Jackson had a dentist appointment to fill 2 cavities and they used oral sedation... we went in at 7:45am and they gave him some meds to drink. After an hour they took him back and went to work. The dentist said he was GREAT! No fussing or wiggling! Thank goodness for sedation! The main reason we went that route is because of his fear... and not being still enough to do more than a check. And we just wanted to give him a good experience at the dentist to start building good, non-frightening memories of the dentist! He won't remember any details about the filling at this visit! Mission accomplished!
 
And this picture below was just cute. Jake wakes up sometimes in the middle of the night and just wants to be with me. I was sick and not feeling well this night and so I told him he really had to go to bed. He was so sad but told me that he didn't want to get in bed... he wanted to sleep on the floor. Cool with me! As long as I got to go back to bed! I put his pillow on the floor and covered him up! He fell right to sleep and stayed that way! I took this pic in the morning! Cute!


1 comment:

Megan said...

Tinian can't sleep through the night either. It's kind of annoying. Hopefully they'll grow out of it!