Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Solution

Lately, I have been feeling a little not in control of my life. With the 2 boys and Luis working so much... things are just a little crazy for me. I have the solution. I need to have a little control over my own life. I feel like Jackson is running my life! So, I need goals and I need to accomplish them. My big goal right now... is to get back in shape. That will provide a great deal of control I think! So, I thought that by posting my weight loss goals it will make me more determined to acheive them! So here goes... I want to lose 18 lbs by Aubry's wedding on July 16th! That will put me to less than my pre-pregnancy weight and it is totally do-able! Here is my plan. I am going to run between 1-2 hours on my treadmill 6 days a week. Eventually I am going to start P90X but for now, I need to get back into decent shape before I can even attempt that! In order to burn 1 pound of fat a week I need to burn 3500 calories, or just under 600 calories a day. No problem! I started today. I was on the treadmill for just over an hour and it felt great. Jake was crying in his carseat for the first half of it until he fell asleep, and the crying woke Jackson up from his nap... so the situation wasn't ideal, but we got through it! One day down... LOTS to go! But I am excited! Any suggestions on ways to provide a little more control in my life would be much appreciated!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Control? What's that?!!! LOL I've lost control of my own life as well and it's really frustrating. There's so much to do in a day that it feels like I can't get anything done. Also, I kind of waste a lot of time one the computer so I should start exercising more too:P Do you read your scriptures? I think that would help too. And the Ensign. I love to sit down and read the Ensign. I can't always understand the scriptures easily so the Ensign is a lot easier to read. I'm going to try to set a goal to read 5 minutes a day. You should get a hold of the new Young Women's Personal Progress booklet and flip through it and do some of the projects! Mark's mom gave me one and I really want to get into it. Hope losing weight goes well!