Thursday, March 4, 2010

What can I say... I'm not that crafty.

While Mom was visiting we began 2 projects. One of them was this cute collage on big letters. Well, they were supposed to be big letters, about 2 feet tall but we went to 2 craft stores down here and these were the biggest they had, less than one foot tall. So, we got them anyways, just to try it! I had fun doing it (Mom did the J). We basically glued the pictures to the letters and then I painted over it with mod podge to seal it all. These pictures are before the mod podge. Mom and I were surprised to find that in some spots, where the mod podge got on the pictures they turned green. When I was done and painted over the entire thing, I learned why. I figured out that if I used too much or left it on too long without spreading it out it turns green! Weird. So it is only green in spots, but I think it still looks pretty good for a first try!



3 comments:

Lynne said...

They turned out so cute!

Anonymous said...

They look great Rachelle!! Never think you aren't creative because everyone is, just in different ways!!:) Are you going to hang them on the wall?

Kaylee said...

Those are really cute! I wanna make some like that for Bryan. I already have some for Jesse, but they're just painted blue.