Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sharing and Milestones

We have really been working with Jackson to try and get him used to sharing with Jacob and other kids. He has struggled but I think he's getting udes to it. Jackson had been driving me crazy lately with all his begging for candy. So the other day I gave him a Twizzler and told him to go sit down and eat it while he watched a movie. A little while later I walked into the living room and saw Jackson sitting on the couch watching the movie... and Jacob was sitting on the floor sucking on the Twizzler. It was so funny that of all things Jackson decided to share with Jacob, it was candy... his favorite thing ever... and I didn't even tell him to! Jacob was so mad when I took it away from him! His first taste of candy at 7 months, thanks to his generous big brother :)

Jacob is pulling himself up to a standing position and even "cruising" (walking along something, like a couch, while holding on). He is only 7 months, so it is way early and it's very scary because he isn't stable and falls very easily. He still can't support himself and he has fallen several times and hit his poor head on the floor. I let him do it when I am around to catch him so he gets the practice and will gain strength in his legs, but it freaks me out when I find him standing up in his crib or next to the couch or toy box! I just can't believe how young he is and he is already trying to walk.

No comments: