Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lately

We have been dealing with sickness!!! First I got sick, thanks to 10 minute health advising sessions with about 1000 people the past 2 months... I'm sure one of them gave me this bug! Luis got sick, then Lew, then Jacob, and now Danny, Silvia and Jackson are all sick!!! Luis got it the worst and was pretty miserable for almost 3 weeks with a horrible cough and cold. Thankfully the boys are doing pretty well, despite the fever and the cough. Everyone is on the upside now, so soon we will be back to our healthy selves!

All of you who have kids... get Hooked on Phonics for them!!! It is amazing! After just 2 weeks of practice everyday with the DVD, Jackson knows all his letters, the sounds they make, and can blend simple words like sat and cat... in other words... HE CAN READ! Now, I did say simple words... but at 3 years old he knows how to sound out words! It is awesome! Whenever we go out, he sees a word and spells it out with the sounds... His speech has improved so much because of it too!!! I am pretty positive that he is going to enter kindergarten already knowing how to read. He is using the Pre-K level 1 program. Jackson got the complete set for christmas... so I didn't have to pay for it. I know it's not the cheapest thing, but it works soooooo well! http://www.hookedonphonics.com/learn-to-read/?ShowPopup=0&gclid=CMzRwdONnacCFc4M2godIEU4fw check it out you guys!

So, like I've mentioned before... Jacob loves oranges, and Jackson has now learned how to use this to his advantage. I was peeling an orange and Jax and Jake were playing. They started fighting because Jake was playing with his popper and Jax wanted it. Jake wouldn't give it up, so Jax ran up to me, grabbed a slice of orange, and ran off. I looked over at the boys later and Jax had the popper and Jake had the orange slice in his mouth... sneaky and manipulative Jax!

3 comments:

Kaylee said...

That orange story is too funny! Totally sounds like something Bryan would do to Jesse. I'm glad to hear you guys are feeling better now! Malaya and I have been sick too and it's no fun!

Anonymous said...

UGH!! I hate winter these days!! We're sick all the time!!:P I'm glad you guys are getting better!

Haha! That is too funny! I love how resourceful kids are at such a young age!:)

Izzy and MJ said...

That's too funny with the orange!! All things cute use it to their advantage. Scooter manipulates me all the time. Sorry to hear everyone has been sick :( You can always comes visit sunny Florida to feel better. 80 degrees and sunny today ... ahhhh. Just keep your germs AWAY! Jackson's gonna be such a smartie, glad he's getting his read on.