Friday, November 18, 2011

My travels

The company I work for, Health Fitness Corporation, sometimes will fly their screeners to different locations if there are not enough locals. Last week they flew me to Albuquerque, NM to work a one-day event. I was so excited to get that event because it gave me a chance to meet up with Grandma and Grandpa Paulos and Mary. I haven't seen them in years... MANY MANY years and it was about time! Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures! UGH! THey all look great! And with all the health problems I have been hearing about from them, I was expecting something different, but they were exactly as I remember them! We had a lot of fun catching up on all the family and of course I had to update them on my situation... not fun. I was also able to get some geneology information from them. I got 5 full names and a few other partials. I am so excited to have this information to add to my geneology online. I am about to take a geneology class through the ward here and I can't wait! Especially since I am clueless about where to go from here! Wish me luck on that!

This past week I spent 3 and a half days in the Baltimore area, Maryland. It was a good event because we were very busy, but very stressful because there was a lot of drama with the client company. It was also hard for me because I lost my voice!!! I could barely speak, but had to!!! I'm sure people were thinking "What are you doing at a health fair... you aren't even healthy!" Anyway, I administered about 400 nicotine tests in the 3 day period :) Fun, right? I am glad that I can help contribute financially right now but it is hard to leave the boys. I am very thankful to Mom and Dave for watching the boys so I can do these events. I was also having a hard time with this event because of SO much bad language and a roommate that I will NEVER room with again! Overall it was just an uncomfortable and exhausting trip. But I am thankful for the hours I worked and the income it will provide. Oh, and I was able to meet up with June, my friend from high school. She drove up from the DC area... it was just perfect timing and we had lots of fun catching up too! I may end up working an event in Chicago after thanksgiving... if I can coordinate with Mom and afford the upfront costs of travel... even though the company reimburses for all food and travel, it has to come out of my pocket first!

Luis is working really hard to get a job. He is networking and applying to companies like crazy. Please pray that something will come up soon!

No comments: