Wednesday, November 2, 2011

O'Fallon, IL

Yesterday I flew St. Louis with the boys. Mom picked us up at the airport and we came home to O'Fallon, IL! We will stay here for who knows how long... pretty much until Luis and I figure out what and where he will be working from now on! He us applying to about 10 jobs every day. We are praying something comes up soon! I am so happy to be here with Mom, Dave, and Ethan... and hey all my brothers and sisters... anyone want to come join us??? It would be so much fun. The day of traveling went pretty well. Jackson freaked out at the airport in McAllen when he had to walk through the metal detector... I think he was just very scared of what would happen to him. I had to pick him up kicking and screaming to get him through. The flight to houston was good until the landing. Jackson must have got motion sickness because he got all sweaty and clammy skin and pale and he cried a lot. He didn't throw up though, thank goodness. We RAN to our connecting flight to St Louis. We had to get on the train toget to the gate. We got there about 2 minutes before we had to board! WHEW! That was close. Jackson fell asleep before the plane even took off and Jake fell asleep shortly after. They slept for half the flight and ate snacks and played with cars the rest of the time. No sickness the second time around. I think Jackson recognized Grandma Gibson and they warmed up to Grandpop and Ethan very quickly. We had some yummy french toast for dinner and got some good playtime in! It was fun to catch up with Mom and Dave. We are sharing Ethan's room, so he got to moveinto Matt's room, which I think he was very excited about. The area is beautiful with trees that actually have red and orange leaves! The weird thing is that most houses here don't have fences... not even in the back. Unusual huh? It's like everyone shares a backyard. Dangerous if you ask me! Anyways, I will post pictures later! Sorry for typos, mom has a Mac keyboard and I have to get used to it!

No comments: