Monday, November 21, 2011

Toys

Remember that toy Dave put together that took forever and the boys love?? Mom and I made an executive decision. It has to go back. It seems like every 2-3 minutes one of the boys is crying for me to come fix it. The ramps are not very sturdy... the whole thing isn't really, but with the slightest bit of weight the ramps disconnect from the garage and they need help fixing it. So we are going to take it back and get a Cars 2 racing toy that was our 2nd choice. Assembly not required, so ya know, that's a plus :) Now the trick is to find all the little pieces that belong with the current toy... Don't tell Walmart but it might be returned minus one or two street lamps or stop signs.

Ok, Ethan loves Jax and Jake, but a 13 year old only has so much tolerance for toddlers. I know they get on his nerves sometimes. Ethan came up to me yesterday and these were his exact words "I think I found an activity that both the boys and I enjoy... shooting them!" And this is what he meant... He is a nerf gun fanatic and realized that if he shoots the boys with the nerf gun, they laugh and he laughs, so there you go. Something a 13 year old and a 1 and 4 year old can enjoy together! One more thing about those nerf guns... don't be fooled, these little foamy darts can hurt. I got a nerf dart in the chin during a rousing round of sniper. (That is Ethan's made up game that I am not very good at because, naturally, I am a little afraid of being stocked in the dark by someone I know intends to shoot me!)But every few days I give in and play one or two rounds. And believe it or not, I have actually won!

1 comment:

Aubry said...

Looks like you guys are having fun!!