Thursday, April 12, 2012

Aubry's Quilt

Most quilters name their quilts. I am not very good at that but I named Aubry's quilt "San Diego Spring" because Aubry is such a California girl and it just really reminded me of a nice day at the beach!!! I had a lot of sun and a lot of frustration making this quilt. parts of it don't line up... but I am very happy with the end result. I used the longarm quilting machine at Chris' shop and it was so much fun. I finished in about 3 hours. I love how crinkly it got after we washed it. The quilt pattern had a random design of the blocks and Luis helped me organize it and I think it turned out better than the pattern! I mailed it to her and she got it exactly on her birthday. I love you Aubry! I'm so happy that I can make awesome gifts for my family now!









Make sure you stop by Megan's blog for lots of pictures of my boys!

http://welchwolves.wordpress.com/

3 comments:

Kaylee said...

Love it! You did a great job!!

Anonymous said...

WOW, rachelle!! I'm totally amazed!! This was your first time using the longarm right? I think it look awesome for a first time!! I would feel too much pressure and not do so well, I'm sure. Great job!!

Aubry said...

Thanks so much!! I love it and it is beautiful!! You will have to teach me one day how to make them! Love you :)