Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Birthday

I had a great birthday... I know it was several weeks ago, but almost immediately after, my life got crazy and I have barely had a moment to breathe!!! So, things have calmed down a little and I can finally take a moment to post. The theme of my birthday was definitely quilting! Luis bought me my very first sewing machine ever! It's a Babylock Tempo. It was an amazing deal. We got it on Memorial Day weekend. It is in their quilting machine series so it has a lot of added features for quilting like a wider throat and certain stitches. I got several accessory feet as well, like the walking foot and the quarter inch seam guide (that's the one I'm looking forward to using the most... my quilts might actually turn out to be the size they are supposed to!) Liz took me to JoAnn's while we were in Chicago the last time and bought me a cutting mat and ruler for fabric. I got that even before getting my machine so it made me so excited!!! Silvia bought me a bunch of quilting notions that I think she will send someday ;) Mom gave me some money, part of which I used to buy the rotary cutter and some fabric. On Memorial day we went to Hancock's and bought a bunch of thread... so I have a nice little stash of that going. Mom gave me a big shelf that I will be storing my fabric in and we found a sewing desk at a garage sale. So I think I am officially ready to be a quilter! Now if only I had the time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooohhh, aaaahhhh! That's a pretty machine!:) That's so exciting that you got that for your birthday and other sewing related presents too!! I need to build up my thread and fabric stash too!!