Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Goodbye Mom

Mom and Ethan just pulled away and are on the road to Virginia. We had a quick goodbye, which is better. The boys and I were outside waving goodbye and as soon as I closed the door inside, I cried... of course. It always hits me when I am on my own. I feel lonely already. I think I am taking it extra hard because of all the stress the past few weeks and since I have gotten way too used to being with family... the past 3 years. I knew they were going to move this summer when I moved here... I was expecting it, but it is still hard. So I think today will be an emotional day for me. Thank you, Mom for giving so much support while you were here. For always watching the boys for me so that I could go to work. For teaching me to quilt!!! Althought just the thought of quilting without you makes me cry. When I get sad like this about someone leaving I am so thankful for eternal families!!! I wish we all lived together, in the same city!!! Or at least close enough to visit often, but if not now... how about eternity??? :) We are already planning a trip to VA in November, so everyone start planning now! Come see us too! I am very happy that Luis and I are on our own though, even though I'm going to miss Mom, Dave, and Ethan a lot. We are very thankful for all the support we've recieved from both our parents. It is nice to be our own family again. We have a nice little house that is just perfect for us and we are both working to support ourselves... and it feels really good. Time to get on with our lives and work hard to get where we want to be!

2 comments:

Aubry said...

Sounds like a good plan! I bet it is hard knowing family isn't close but you are strong and can do it. I wish we all lived close too! Lets try it!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Aubry. It does sound good!:) I miss everyone so much too!! I'm totally going to plan on thanksgiving in VA!:) I wanna see Mom's house.