Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I hate coming up with titles for posts. Just so you know. So, for the past few days I have obviously known that 9/11 was coming up. I felt bad because I feel like the past few years it has just been a regular day, like I have become kind of desensitized to what happened. So I decided today that I would watch a video timeline recap of that day. Well, I'm not desensitized anymore... let's put it that way. It has been probably about 4 years since I have seen the footage... pretty much since we have not had tv channels. So it was a little shocking to see again and hear the stats. It was hard to watch but it was good for me. I was considering Jackson and Jacob while I watched it... (Jacob came up to me and asked my why I was sad... what a sweetie). It is strange to think that for them it will just be something in history books, or stories their parents tell, kind of like how Pearl Harbor is for my generation. I hope they don't have to personally see this kind of thing. I am so grateful for our military and government agents that work so hard to keep things like this from happening. Thank you Dave and Lew for serving our country for so long. And of course, God Bless America!!! :) ***On a happier note, Luis participated in BikeMS this past Saturday. He was registered to ride the 40 mile loop, but at that point he felt really great so he decided to keep going on the 75 mile loop. They fed him lunch and shortly after that, around mile 52, he pulled something in his knee. He rode with 1 leg/coasted for the next 10 miles to the medical tent where a chiropractor worked on him. She did some kinda painful massaging/sinew separating on his hamstrings, popped things around in his knee... He did a little test ride but it was still painful so he decided to call it a day. He was shuttled back with another guy that was just pooped :) I am so proud of him! He rode 62 miles! And even had energy after that to come to the ward party! He has been babying his knee for the past few days, but I think it is much better. We are both excited for next year, where I think I want to join him in the ride. After the ward party we came home and watched the Lorax with the boys! It was a great movie... but I think maybe a little over the boys heads, but Luis and I really enjoyed it. So, way to go, Luis for a successful bike ride to support MS research!!! Love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. When I realized it was 9/11 today I was on my way to school to drop off the boys and they were talking about it on the radio. It's so weird that it's been 11 years!! I too am thankful for all of those people who serve our country!! We love you!!

Way to go Luis!! That's so amazing he did so well!!