Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Soccer games

Jackson had his first soccer game last week.It was pretty fun to see all the kids. Some of them are actually really good. His group is ages 3-5... so some of the older kids have already played for 2 years. I'm glad Jackson is starting now, because he is a big kid, size-wise, but if he doesn't practice he will be behind in skills. He kind of frolics around the field... he has more fun watching the kids and not the ball. He also likes to fall on purpose... his coach is frustrated by that, I can tell. So this on his second game last night I made sure he understood that if he keeps falling he won't get to play. The coach does a good job at evenly rotating subs. Jackson is good at patiently waiting on the sidelines. He has managed a few really good kicks. I think if we work at the concept a little more he will be pretty good. He knows not to use his hands... that's for sure. Anyway, it was really fun to see him in action and after 3 games I already see improvement.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great he's improving!! I think it always takes time for kids to get used to and learning to play the sport!:) Wish we could come to some of the games!!

M&B...Brubaker said...

Soooo cute! I can't believe you're already a soccer mom! I can't wait to be one too :)

Kaylee said...

He's such a cutie!! That's so funny that he was falling down on purpose!!