Thursday, September 13, 2012

Quilting Casualty

This morning, at 6am... while I was making cinnamon rolls for Luis to take to work... yes, I love that man... I did some quilting while the dough was rising. I finished all the half square triangles for Jacob's quilt. I bought the ABC fabric specifially for him, but the other is just a leftover fabric I had bought before and then never used. At first I wasn't sure whether they would look good together, they are both kind of busy, but I really like it! They are 10 inch squares, and the triangles will cover the entire back of his quilt. I am not sure what design yet, but I will lay it out and then probably ask for votes later! I am not saving this quilt for a special occasion. As soon as I finish I am giving it to him... We aren't used to cold winters, so he will benifit to this quilt adding onto Mom's and some other little blankets he has. (It is officially long sleeve jammies time! It's been getting into the 50s at night! Loving it!) The front of Jacob's quilt will be very simple. Mom bought him a little road town panel that I will just frame with some awesome brown fabric called "chocolate with sprinkles". I can't wait to finish it. It will be simple, but really fun for the boys, I hope.
My owie... I have learned not to mix ironing with politics. I was ironing the seams of his triangles and talking with Luis about politics... apparantly I was getting really animated because I whacked the iron and gave myself a nice burn. Don't get me started on politics lately... it's very distracting!

2 comments:

Kaylee said...

lol Derek and I are the same way when we talk about politics!

Anonymous said...

Mark and I actually can agree on politics:) It's everyone else that I don't agree with. LOL Good luck with the quilt:)