Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Project Yesu dresses




 
I made 14 pillowcase dresses total for Project Yesu to take to Uganda. It was actually really fun for me... except that my sewing machine is having issues and I'm gonna have to take it in because they couldn't help me figure it out over the phone! Grrr. All of this fabric was from my stash. Except the baby blue... I bought that as a remnant at Joann's for $1.30! :) The box in the background is full of receiving blankets and baby gowns made by the young single adult ward. They made them all and were trying to decide where to send them when someone read my email about Project Yesu and asked if they would want them. Of course they want them, so I am going to ship all this out next week... now to start shopping around to find the cheapest place to do the shipping! Anyways, I have a few of the young women who are making dresses and I will get those on Sunday. I have loved this project and I plan on making more dresses next time around. www.projectyesu.org

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Good for you. I didn't know you had so much stash! What a good project.

Aubry said...

Love the dresses. Thats such a great and meaningful project!!