Thursday, June 20, 2013

Funny kids

My boys were both sick for 2 days each this week. Jackson would say things like "Mom, a movie will calm my fever down." Or "A popsicle will calm my head down". It was very convincing :)

Jacob wanted me to get a specific bowl from the cupboard. That's what I was reaching for but I guess Jake didn't see it and he started freaking out, all mad because he wanted HIS bowl! It was a pretty big blowup. So when I pulled the bowl out and he realized it was the right one... he got this blank expression on his face and said "I wasn't talking to you"!!! HAHAHAHA... right... that fit was directed at someone else. IT totally reminded me of one time in Rhode Island when Mom was nagging me (sorry to use that word mom...) about something and I was really annoyed. Meg was also talking to me at the same time and eventually I was so frustrated with Mom that I just yelled "Just shut up!" Then I froze... uh oh. Did I really just say that to my MOM! Oh my gosh! I had childhood memories flash before my eyes of claw-like nails digging into my arm and dragging me down the hall! So Mom, rightfully shocked, said "What did you say to me!?" And I said... "Huh? I was talking to Megan!" Guess Jake got it from me!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Haha! That's hilarious! I think I VAGUELY remember that happening! :) kids are funny! :)