Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Mel's Wedding

Mel and Jared's wedding was so much fun. I flew in on Thursday night and went straight to Dad's house. I met Steve for the first time. He's a nice guy. We found out that Grandpa Paulos wasn't doing well and Dad flew out to Albuquerque early Friday morning. But it was fun while he was there. It felt so good to have all 5 Paulos kids together again! It has been a long time since we have all been together... I think we realized it had been about 12 years or so. Sad, huh? I wish my kids were there. All the cousins were having so much fun! I'm sad that Dad wasn't there for the wedding, but it was really good for him to be with Grandpa before he died. Grandpa Doty walked Mel down the aisle instead. Jared's dad was ordained so that he could perform the wedding ceremony. He did a beautiful job. Their vows were so sweet... I cried! It was fun being a bridesmaid. I didn't get any pictures from the actual reception or ceremony. I trust Meg handled that... she said she got about 2000 pictures! Can't wait to see them. The morning of the wedding we all went to get hair and makeup done. It was fun to all be together, getting beautified :) I just got makeup because my hair is so short. Everyone looked great! I ended up swimming with the kids one of the days... I was the only adult with a suit and there were 5 kids in the water! I've never been so nervous! 2 of them were good swimmers... But I did my fair share of pulling kids out of the water! It was fun though. It was so much fun spending time with everyone that I haven't seen in way too long! We missed those of you who couldn't make it! It would have been even more fun if you were there! I will make sure to share pictures once we get them from Meg. Until then... here are a few I have from before/after the wedding. Sorry this post is all over the place! Oh, side note... after seeing all the pics I'm in, I am even more determined to get Lasik... that darn glare on my glasses just ruins pictures!





1 comment:

Megan said...

LOVE these pictures Cara!! I don't think I got a single picture of just me and Grandpa :( Oh, well, guess I gotta visit him sometime soon! :) hehe