Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Jackson's progress

Jackson is doing so well with his speech! He can say almost all the ABCs and he can count to 10 and can even recognize the numbers. He says most letters perfact except 6 and 7. He struggles with those and says "he" for 6 and I can't even pronounce what he says for 7... but it is always the same, so in his mind, he is saying 6 and 7!!! It is really cute! He will be so ready for school! I am going to buy him some preschool workbooks that we can do together at home so he can learn to write. Jax now copies what I say. We have taught him to ask "Can I have..." and he now says it on his own, without prompting from us. So that is so exciting. I figured the 2 most frustrating things for kids who don't speak well are parents not knowing what they want and not knowing how they feel. So, now Jackson can express what he wants. I think now I will teach him "I feel..." (mad, sad, happy, etc). I will keep you updated on how that's going. Here is a video of Jackson counting and some cute pictures.







2 comments:

Kaylee said...

Jacob is so cute! I can't believe how big he's getting!! Jackson is doing great with talking! I can't wait til Jesse's talking like that!!

Aubry said...

Very cute pictures! Good job teaching jackson!