Monday, January 3, 2011

Bad Luck

We have had bad luck lately...

I got my 4 edges of my toenails removed last week and I think they might not be healing correctly. I need to have Lew look at it, but I am really hoping I don't need to go back in... hopefully I just don't know what I am looking at! Plus, they got stepped on or sat on multiple times by 2 rambunctious boy! (not helpful in the healing process!)

Luis had a $50 coupon to Stauer, the Jewelers. He was going to get me 2 more necklaces that were free, and use the coupon for shipping! Well, we were about to place the order and realized the coupon wasn't where we had left it... we can't find it anywhere so we figure it got thrown away... there goes 50 free dollars!

The worst luck... Luis lost his phone... but in a very funny way. Luis has been so good about helping us save money and he wanted to sell some of the things we never use. We had an extra MP3 player, so he found a buyer on craigslist. This morning, he went to meet up with the guy to sell it and sometime during their meeting put his cell phone on top of the car. The guy paid in lots of ones and so Luis got into the car to count it and then drove off... when he got to Walmart and realized he didn't have his phone he checked the top of his car and there was a streak from where he left his phone going off to the side of the car... not cool. So he drove back to where he had been, no phone. We tried calling it and it goes straight to voicemail. Pretty sure it got run over. Poor Luis, he felt awful! There he was trying to make us some money and now we have to spend more money to get him a new phone! At least we have the insurance on the phone so he only has to pay $100, but still... not a great way to start the new year!

However, since we still haven't heard from you know who... Luis has been applying to some other jobs and looking into the air force to see what options are there. He applied yesterday to JC Penney as a jewelry dept supervisor. He has experience and they responded to him very quickly, he has a phone interview tomorrow, so that's a good sign. The only problem is that it is in Weslaco, about 30 minutes away. The job ad didn't say what the pay is, so it will have to pay well enough to compensate for gas. If it is some minimum wage job he probably won't take it because he could get one of those here in Mission and not have to drive so far. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

On a sad note, today is Becky's last day before she goes back to BYU-I. I am making her a cheesecake. We had 12 blocks of cream cheese left over from the Christmas danishes, so I figured I should make cheesecake to use some up! I tried to make it yesterday, but realized we had no eggs... which is unusual because Silvia's chickens usually have like 15 at one time! they only had 4 yesterday, not enough for Cheesecake! So we will enjoy cheesecake tonight instead. We will miss Becky!

Ok, here are some pictures.




Jackson's first day as a Sunbeam! He did so well in sharing/singing time and in class! Only cried a couple of times, and I got him under control very fast! I gave him a hot dog after church as his reward :)


Jackson's first FunDip... this picture was taken right before he dumped all the sugar out on the floor... on accident of course.


The boys love these little singing bear/doll/toy thingys!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures:) I hope you guys get some good luck soon! I hate it, but bad luck always seems to come in multiples!:P