Saturday, February 11, 2012

Trick to Delicious Cookies

I don't have much to post, just wanted to get this out while I am thinking about it! So, for the longest time I have wondered how to make soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies instead of fluffy dry ones. I figured it out! I have been making cookies a lot here since Dave is a cookie-a-holic. I realized that if I bake them about 1 minute less than the time it recommends, the centers come out nice and soft. They flatten on their own and stiffen up a bit to become sooooo good and soft and chewy! So, the recipes usually say to bake for 8-10 minutes... I recommend 7 or 7.5 minutes depending on how hot your oven is. See how it comes out. As soon as I figured this out, the family has been telling me each time that they are the best cookies I have ever made. No joke, words right out of Dave's and Luis' mouths!!! Who woulda thought anyone would say that about something I made??? :) Try it!

1 comment:

Izzy and MJ said...

I sent you and Kaylee my ultimate Chocolate chip cookie recipe. You're the only two souls I've shared it with. Use it wisely. You can overcook them and they'll STILL me chewy-licious. Make them for my dad as a congrats since I can't.