Friday, February 10, 2012

What's going on?!?!

Before I get into what's been going on with us I want to give the link for my mom's blog... funny tidbit from Jax... http://sewwhatchadoinglynne.blogspot.com/ What she forgot to say is that immediately after that happened... he started to ask for a bag of candy. Not a piece of candy... a whole bag. I thought that was equally as funny!

We have been very busy... it's difficult with Luis and I both working... who is dropping off who, getting to drs appts, taking kids to Young Mens... life is just more cramped it seems. Luis sold his first car last week. I was very proud. He will hopefully have another sale tomorrow. We are still waiting to hear from the other company and he had another great interview with them this morning. I am still trying to find my place at the YMCA. I'm getting the hang of it though. I injured myself yesterday. I was preparing for a workout demonstration for about 15 employees and members... we were showcasing our new heartrate monitoring system called "MyZone" (which is awesome btw). I was setting up for the box jump and dropped a step right on my big toe!!! Those things are metal and are very heavy. It hurt so bad and I immediately took off my shoe to see a bruised and swollen toe. Several people told me not to do the workout, but I didn't want anyone to think I injured myself on purpose because I chickened out... it was supposed to be a super intense workout. So I did it... injured toe and all. I modified the burpees to be girlie pushups so I didn't put any pressure on my toe. I was also extremely EXTREMELY sore from a bootcamp workout I did on Monday. So it was an interesting day to say the least. My body is one big OUCHIE!!!

I know there is much more... I kept thinking, "man I have to blog about this" but now I don't remember. So I will be back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! If I bruised my toe there would be no way I would do a work out! No matter what the stakes were! I'm glad you're getting used to your job! Good luck to Luis!