Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Upcoming Quilt

You guys are going to have to get used to the quilting posts... sorry if they bore you! I have had the fabric cut for this throw quilt I have been planning for a while. I took a break from it to make Aubry's quilt. It is a star quilt and I took several rows off the pattern to make it throw size. Even though I had the fabric cut, I hadn't laid out the pieces to see what it would look like. I wanted to do this because I completely changed the color scheme from the pattern. Big mistake... it just makes it really complicated. I had to go through and cross out and rewrite the color I was using through the entire pattern, just to be sure I wouldn't mess up! Maybe it's because I'm inexperienced. This will be my first quilt working with triangles... they are the easier ones (Which are sewn together as squares and then cut), which is why I am attempting them instead of the more difficult triangles. Anyways!!! Once I laid it out, I decided I'm not sure if I like the color scheme. I wanted blues and browns and creams, but red came into the picture and I was ok with that, until I laid it out... but I won't waste the fabric, so I will use it anyways. I think I will like it once its all sewn together more. Here are some pictures of the very rough draft laid out on the carpet :)

No comments: