Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Great Second Day

Jackson came home yesterday with a Smiley face in his agenda! I talked to the teacher when I picked him up and she said he tested her a little bit first thing in the morning, but after that he was great! He even was the only one who was able to get a candy at the end of the day. I'm not sure the reason for that because we couldn't talk long... but it's obviously a good thing! I was very proud of him. And he was proud of himself. He couldn't wait for Luis to get home to show him the smiley face.

I had bought Jackson one of those plastic sandwich boxes to go in his lunch box. Just a cheap one. I explained to him before he went to school that he has to bring it home. Well... I opened his lunch after school and there was no box. I asked him where it was and he said "I threw it away." Ugh. Ok, no more sandwich boxes for a while. Jackson asked us last night what we are doing tomorrow. Luis and I told him he is going to school. He said he had already gone to school and wanted to do something else. Only 2 days down! Yikes. He likes his teacher and so do I. I think he has fun at school and he definitely is proud of his work.

Jake was kind of grumpy yesterday. I think it is a mix of him being tired (none of us are used to waking up that early except Luis!) and still wanting to go to school. But today he has been great. I heard him talking in his room while I was vacuuming today... I thought he was talking to me. So I went into his room and scared him... on accident. He wasn't expecting me. I found him right in the midst of putting his animals to bed... and the animals were talking to each other. It was so cute. I am glad he is entertaining himself and it is so cute to see his imagination! I was worried he would be lonely, but he is fine so far.

2 comments:

Kaylee said...

Thats so cute that he was playing and talking with his stuffed animals. And I think thats funny that Jackson wanted to do something else instead of school!! lol

Josh and Steph said...

I'm so glad Jackson is loving school! How fun for him;) And Jacob is so cute;)