Tuesday, August 20, 2013

School Behavior

Jackson did great at school on Friday. Because he got two sad faces, he couldn't pick a treasure out of the treasure box. I know he will do better this week. He came home with a happy face yesterday so I am optimistic! I remember that we used to always get a "back-to-school" type blessing growing up and I thought that might really help Jackson. So on Sunday Luis gave him his school blessing... focused mostly on good behavior :) We also say a prayer every morning before we get out of the car... hoping it helps him remember to be good and a big helper.

Jackson usually comes home with one sheet of homework to do. It's cute. Jax wrote his name all by himself in the picture... see how neat it is? He was explaining to us last night about quarters and nickels and dimes and pennies. Very cute. Luis asked him if he would rather have a quarter or a penny and he jumped in the air and said "quarter!!!" We are impressed. But a lot of the work he brings home from school is really easy stuff... Stuff Jackson has knows for years... they are working on the numbers 4 and 5... he definitely has a head start if this is new to some of the children.

Today Jackson didn't want to stay when I dropped him off. He got into a bad mood because I said he had to stay. He said he didn't want a happy face or the treasure box... Ugh! His teacher came and took his hand while they walked inside... but I hope he gets over it fast. I really want him to have a good day. I might have to send him on the bus if this not wanting to go to school becomes a trend. The bus is way more exciting than me dropping him off.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm sorry this is so hard for him! I bet once he gets used to the drill of going to school he'll really love it.I would definitely suggest sending him on the bus!! My boys did that for 3 years and they loved it! they felt so big and cool! :)