Monday, April 11, 2011

Miscellaneous

Where to begin...?

Ok, Jackson's awful eating habits. Jackson refuses to eat sometimes, and I refuse to let him be a picky eater. I am Mom, he eats what I tell him too... that is how we roll! :) Luis is 100% supportive. So in the past, we made him sit at the table until he finished his food... could be hours, that kid is so stubborn. Well, the other night I was talking with Liz and she said that in her pediatrics unit they teach a specific technique. She said that if he doesn't eat during the meal-time, take the food away and don't give any other food until the next meal-time... meaning no snacks. I thought that was perfect for Jackson because if he doesn't eat, he is still asking for snacks, which I usually give him just to end the nagging. You other mom's do it to, I know! So, we bought a kitchen timer to establish how long we would consider "meal-time" and give Jax a visual of how long he has to eat. Today is our first day testing this out. Luis made scrambled eggs and black beans for breakfast. 25 minutes on the clock... plenty of time in my opinion! He ate one bite and then refusted the rest. He sat there for the other 24 minutes and... DING!!! So I took the food away and all morning he was asking for snacks!!! I of course said no and at lunch time, I gave him the very same plate of eggs and beans that I had saved from breakfast... (we try not to be food wasters!) and again, he refused after 1 bite. So, after 25 minutes on the timer... I took the food away again. It is currently in the fridge where he can have it for dinner at 6pm with no food until then!!! I can't believe he didn't eat it at lunch. I know he is going to be begging me for a snack, but he really needs to learn to eat at mealtime so I'm not giving it to him... I'm in for a long day, but as of right now, he seems fine. I imagine his tummy will start rumbling soon.



Next, this was just a funny thing I noticed. What is that in my children's toy box??? Yep, it's a Victoria Secret gift card!!! Funny place for it to end up, huh :) It made me laugh when I saw it. Becky bought some clothes from VS for Christmas... normal, everyday clothes... she's not married and she's a good girl. Isn't that right, Becky? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*SIGH* Food is a HUGE battle in our house!! Both my older boys are SO picky!! It drives me crazy, but it's because I give in all the time. I'm trying to be better too, but it doesn't always happen. I hope he finally ate his breakfast at dinner time!:) Nemo does that sometimes. Hehe