Saturday, September 3, 2011

Random Pictures

I decided to post some random pictures because there really isn't much going on right now. Next week we are going to pick up Jackson's glasses, so I will post those pictures then. Here are some cute ones of the boys. And Silvia's canning day. It really takes a whole day to can. She went to the market and got a 25lb box of tomatoes for $7. So she canned those. Then she canned a bunch of pinto beans from Sam's. Then I had about 2 pounds of dry black beans, so she made refried beans from scratch... it was pretty interesting to see how it's done. She was flipping them in the pan like a pancake. And you can see the finished product... I think she calls it a bean roll or something like that... it looks nasty, but it tastes good :)







These are just a few of the cans... it makes the whole kitchen such a mess, but she got TONS of cans!




See the welt on his forehead? It's hard to see in the picture... but this is what happens when Jackson stands right behind the door Luis is about to open! Doorknob in the forehead!





Our friend's the Erickson's were giving away their son's clothes, most of which are size 5 which is perfect for Jackson. Luis came home from Scouts one night with this big bag full of winter clothes! I only went through about half of it so far, and there are already 10 long sleeve shirts, tons of shorts and jammies, 2 thick winter jackets/sweaters... and all the rest I haven't seen yet! He is set for this winter! I am so thankful for these clothes, it is a major blessing for us! I can't believe my not-even-4-year-old fits in size 5, but he does!

1 comment:

Aubry said...

Cant wait to see those cute boys! And they will be able to wear those winter clothes in LA!!