Monday, May 21, 2012

Transformation!

I am so excited that I actually did it! I have been talking for a long time about getting my hair cut and colored. (Btw, my last haircut in McAllen was horrible and uneven, as you can see in the picture but I never bothered to go get it fixed.) I have always hated that people think I am so young. Almost every client I have at the Y ends up telling me in some way that they thought I was a teenager... I will actually be 26 next week. So, I did it. I was going for an older, professional look and I am completely in love with the results! I went to the salon that Mom recommended and had a great stylist. I was unsure about the highlights because I've never done it, but she gave me exactly what I wanted... subtle but noticeable in good lighting. I also went shopping for some clothes to update my wardrobe and make it more professional... and combined with what Liz gave me I think I have some great outfits! Here are some pictures from my little photoshoot! Please keep in mind that I am a horrible model :)
The Before Pictures... awful!
The after pictures!
This is my favorite outfit... probably not for work but just for fun. I didn't like this shirt on the manequin but Luis made me try it on and it was adorable! I also bought some dressy jeans which are hard to see... I might be in love with NY&Co.
I love these grey plaid pants! They have blue lines in them which work great with this sweater Liz gave me. (Luis hated the pants til he saw me in them :)
Just a cute work outfit
Liz gave me this black shirt also, very cute!
A close up... my new sephora makeup... with the eyeliner that doesn't move! The most waterproof thing I have ever seen! And notice... I am actually wearing lipstick! See, it really is a transformation! I also got some khaki slacks and Luis got me a pretty black dress for mothers day. May is a good month for me. Anniversary, Mother's Day, and my birthday!

2 comments:

Kaylee said...

You look so good!! I can't believe how uneven your hair was before lol!!! I love the grey pants with blue sweater! Actually I like all of your clothes! I'm jealous! The last time I went shopping for myself was at DI.

Anonymous said...

You look AMAZING Cara!! I love all the new outfits! So pretty! I love that first shirt too! Looks good on you! It all looks good on you!! Wish I had some extra money to buy some new clothes!:)