Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Moving!!!

I hate moving! I am so grateful to the men who came to help out... and Ethan of course! We got the keys on Friday and on Saturday morning we moved all our stuff in. We like our little duplex. It's a cozy little space... I've been worried about the boys being in a smaller house after living with Luis' parents and them my parents. They are used to being able to run in circles around the whole house. This will be different for them. There is someone here working on my dishwasher right now so hopefully that will be fixed soon. The other BIG thing is that after we got all our stuff moved in and took off our shoes and relaxed, we realized the carpet is FILTHY!!! We knew it is cheap carpet, it looks like office carpet. I am ok with that, but I'm not ok with carpet that turns our socks and feet black... yes, black, no exaggeration. When the property manager opened up on Tuesday morning I brought Jackson's socks and showed them how disgusting the carpet is!!! The looks on their faces were priceless! So this morning a man came and cleaner our carpet, but he did not look very optimistic... he pretty much said that this type of carpet doesn't clean well... all I have to say is if it isn't better tomorrow, the owner better be replacing the carpet or I am out!!! I have no interest in getting our clothes and couch cushions and blankets turned black. No thank you. There is part of the lease that says if the owner doesn't fix major repairs it is grounds to terminate the lease... I consider this incredibly dirty carpet a pretty big deal. Am I making a big deal out of nothing??? I mean... seriously black!!! I would attach a picture but the cable is at Mom's house. Anyway, please let me know if I have unrealistic expectations by wanting a clean carpet... I had a great birthday and will do a post on it soon. Still getting things organized over here.

No comments: