Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A year in quilts!

I am going to post my quilting goals so that I will hopefully stick to them! There are pretty much 4 steps to a quilt. The piecing the top quilt, the backing, doing the actual quilting (sewing the 3 layers together) and binding it. When I say completely finished I mean all of these are done and trust me, it always takes longer than I expect... so I am giving myself deadlines :) I want to finish the top quilt for Becky by Memorial Day, so less than a week... I think it's doable! I want to finish the entire quilt by mid-June. This has been an awesome experience because it is my first scrap quilt and it was a bit stressful but it was also fun because it required a little bit more creativity on my part. Next I will begin the quilt for Liz and Alan, I want it finished in July so I can give it to them at her graduation in Sept. I'm very excited about this quilt! Next I will begin either Jacob's quilt or Lew's quilt. I was planning this quilt to be "Silvia and Lew's" but I have since realized that Silvia has very different taste so this will just be for Lew and I have a different pattern in mind for Silvia, but it will take a long time, so sorry... don't expect it anytime soon! Anyway, one of those quilts I hope to finish in August/September! I also have a quilt in mind for Nana which I would love to have done by Christmas. I am pretty much anticipating 1-2 months per quilt! A woman in the ward offered to quilt one of mine for free on her longarm machine! I am definitely going to take her up on that offer and have her quilt the throw that I have just sitting in the corner. I have the top quilt and backing and batting all ready to be quilted! I am searching for a sewing machine and the search is almost over. I have one last dealer to visit today and hopefully I can make a decision after that. I can't wait to be able to do free-motion quilting on my machine. That means the beautiful quilting that I did on Aubry's quilt, on the longarm machine, I will be able to do on my own home sewing machine! Can't wait!!!!

No comments: