Sunday, August 26, 2012

Liz's Quilt

Before I wrote this post I double checked the correct poSessive form of Liz... Liz's sounds so wrong! But it's right! I finished her quilt just in time to give it to her. She got here late last night and Silvia and I finished binding it the night before. I Quilted it on Christine's long arm machine. I picked a pretty advances quilting pattern and quickly realized I was way in over my head. It was great practice though. I am pleased with it! I was so unsure of whether she'd like the colors. When she walked into Ihop to meet us last night she was wearing coral colored shorts... so I was so happy! Turns out she loves her quilt! The detail is hard to see... but here are some pics.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Amazing! What a wonderful job. You are much braver on the long arm then I was. Which is what you need to be to get better.

Anonymous said...

That is GORGEOUS!! I LOVE the pattern!! Great job Rachelle!:)

Aubry said...

Beautiful! love the colors!