Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Nana's Quilt

I thought I had lost these pictures but I finally found them! I made this lap quilt pretty last minute before Christmas. It was really fun. I did everything on my home machine. I had this fabric with Nana, Luis' step-grandma, in mind... Mom gave it to me before she moved. I came up with the design for this quilt based on one I liked online, just simplified it so it wouldn't take as long. Luis helped me choose the direction of the triangles. Quilting it was pretty fun. It took a while to do the triangles. Each triangle has 2 triangles quilted inside it. The lines in the white fabric aren't perfectly spaced. Oh well! It was fun and I was happy how it turned out. And Nana loved it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks great Rachelle! I LOVE the triangles you quilted on it!! Glad you got it done and had fun with it!!