Friday, January 4, 2013

Silvia and Lew's Quilt

Finally! I can reveal the quilt I made for Silvia and Lew. I love this quilt. I started out with different colors included but as the process went on, I narrowed it down to the purple, blue and gold. Some of the fabrics were just so classicly Lew that I had to include them! All the fabrics are batiks. I really wanted to do something bright and kind of bold. I was so nervous for them to see the finished product! I also had to keep adding borders, once I had Silvia measure her bed I realized it wasn't big enough... hence the 3 extra vertical borders! I spent 4 hours quilting it the Saturday before we went to Charlotte. It's hard to see the quilting in the center... but I did a vertical row of square spirals... I don't know what that is called. I also did 4 random squares with really loose swirls filling in the extra space. I had a lot of fun with this quilt and it is the biggest by far... 82x90 inches. Hope it looks great on the bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! You and mom have so much patience!! I really don't think I'll ever become a quilter. It just looks and sounds so hard! I think I'll stick to clothes and other odds and ends:) I LOVE the color combinations!