Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Blankie Rejection

This week Jake had another sore in his mouth. You know when kids get their blankies and they just cuddle up with it, and it's so cute? Jake does that but he sucks his thumb while he cuddles his blankie. So he woke up at night again crying because of his sore hurting... and I told him he needs to stop sucking his thumb and it won't hurt his owie. He was so sad and I handed him his blankie to go back to bed, and he curled up with it... his thumb went straight to his mouth and he cried again from the sore! So I pulled his thumb out and said stop sucking! He got the biggest pouty face and with a barely understandable voice from all the lip quivering he said "I don't want it" As he handed me his blankie!!! It was the saddest thing to see, like he was so pained to give up the blankie but he knew it had to be done!!! A truly awful thing to see but so adorable!