Sunday, March 3, 2013

Jacob's canker sore

Jacob has a HUGE canker sore inside his mouth near his bottom lip. I have realized it explains his recent fascination with chapstick. A few nights ago Jacob woke up at night and came in my room and asked for chapstick. I thought that was very weird, but I let him have some and put him back to bed. Later in the week I found this huge sore in his mouth. So I have been trying to be careful what he eats so it doesn't hurt him. A few times the past few days he has again been asking for chapstick and I just thought it was weird because they usually hate putting it on. Tonight for dinner we ate taco salad, with doritos and catalina dressing... I kinda forgot about the sore when I made that dinner choice. Oops. He kept whining as he was eating and I  knew it was hurting his sore. I felt really bad. I told him he didn't have to eat it but he really wanted to! Again he asked me for chapstick and it clicked! He thinks the chapstick will help his owie in his mouth! It was the cutest thing! So for the past few days he has been asking for what he thought would help his owie!!! So of course I put on chapstick after dinner... placebo effect :) And now he's happy as can be!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how funny! that's pretty smart of him, though. :)